[Digikam-users] Re: View mode: display metadata

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:57:41 GMT 2011

Il giorno 28/feb/2011, alle ore 11.23, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:

> 2011/2/27 gerlos <gerlosgm at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Il giorno 25/feb/2011, alle ore 14.10, Julien T ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> when using view mode, I want to display (if possible, on the sides)
>>> some of the picture's metadata like full filename (sometimes truncated
>>> in status bar if too long), CreateDate, Aperture, Speed, ...
>>>
>>> is there a way to do this ?
>>>

>> You'll see such informations using one of the right sidebars.
>> You can even configure them in the preferences.
>> I'm afraid I can't give you more precise hints, but at the moment I'm on Mac Os X, and latest digikam build trough macports crashes all the time.
>
> Which versuion you use ? 1.9.0 or 2.0.0 ?

Latest version I updated from macports is 1.8.0.
Digikam crashes on launch. Showfoto instead works fine.

> 1.9.0 work fine here on my macbook. It's probably an external
> component from KDE ? Which KDE version you use ? here 4.5.5, not 4.6.1

I'm using KDE 4.6.0, always from macports. Showfoto, Dolphin, Gwenview and Okular seem to work fine.

At the moment digikam 1.8.0 and KDE 4.6.0 are the latest versions available from macports.
Also I'm quite reluctant to update from macports... last time it took two working days to compile all the updated dependencies! :-(

> Please provide a gdb backtrace.

How do I do it on Mac Os X Snow Leopard?

thanks for your attention,
gerlos

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something