[Digikam-users] Re: Channel Mixer Question

davidvj davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:00:34 GMT 2011

I made a simple experiment starting with a raw (CR2) file.

With all the default positions, for Red Green and Blue, I changed each
slider in each set to both positive and negative values to look at the
effect achieved.

The only time that the 'grain' appears is when I am in the Red mode and the
Blue or Green sliders are decreased.

Any adjustment made in either the Green or Blue Modes does not result in any
changes to the image whatsoever.
While working in Monochrome the 'Preserve Luminosity' also makes no
difference.

I was looking to see whether IR could be simulated easily in the Channel
Mixer and I had assumed that it would be possible.
I also tried using a png file but found the same problem.

David