[Digikam-users] Re: More on backup

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Thu Feb 24 19:00:02 GMT 2011

gerlos píše v Čt 24. 02. 2011 v 12:46 +0100:
> Il giorno 23/feb/2011, alle ore 19.06, Milan Knížek ha scritto:
> > Some linux friendly solution with on-the-fly encryption per single file
> > using keys generated and stored transparently and kept only at the
> > user's computer would be great, imho.
>

> One can use encfs, that is fuse based (so simple users can mount/umount encrypted dirs), and encrypts on the fly all the files in a directory: http://www.arg0.net/encfs
>
> It's really easy to use, and there are out there some service menus for dolphin or konqueror to make easier to mount/umount an encrypted directory.

I have actually been using encfs for a few years now to encrypt
completely my home directory.

I would prefer to have users on local network with uncomplicated access
to the NFS export, so I may end up with some automatic mounting of the
encfs share during startup w/o need of a manually entered password.

This would create some unnecessary cpu load for my light-weight server,
especially when considering that I do not need encryption on local
network.

Well, I need to think it through a bit and possibly test.

Regards,
Milan
--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/