[Digikam-users] Re: Back-ups on CD/DVD with DAR (was Re: On backing up)

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Wed Feb 23 18:58:41 GMT 2011

It depends how much data you have. Backing up to more than one disk, let alone dozens, is very tedious.

If you have a lot, it's probably suitable for incremental backups, but finding files on incremental backups is even more tedious, as you have to search them all.

As someone mentioned, 2TB external drives are getting very cheap now. That's the equivalent of hundreds of DVDs.

I use an external disk, keeping multiple backups on it. I ought to get a second one to rotate. I also make prints occasionally, but only of the very best.

Sent using BlackBerry