[Digikam-users] More on backup

Paul Verizzo paulv at paulv.net
Wed Feb 23 15:45:50 GMT 2011

Looks like I struck a chord!

I mentioned that Carbonite is unlimited storage but it seems that was
missed.  It's unlimited.  I have about 170GB on it.  About half is photos.

One thing that Carbonite does, which I did not want to get into detail
previously, is by default erase your files if they no longer exist after
30 days.  There is a "Freeze Your Backup" option, but I've not used it
so I'm not familiar with it.  Erasing after a month is fine with me
because I'm constantly reorganizing my folders and, I have that second
HD for a permanent backup.

Paul