[Digikam-users] Re: Taking the plunge: Digikam 2. Are my photos safe?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:42:23 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 19:45, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's safe.
>
> Where code is in beta :
>
> 1/ versioning,
> 2/ XMP sidecar
> 3/ face detection
> 4/ reverse gecoding.
> 5/ tags keyboard shortcuts
> 6/ color labels
> 7/ pick labels
>
> The most sensible part is versioning. But you can drop it in your
> workflow and test it as well with test images.
>
> All others parts do not touch to image data.
>
> Note : 5/6/7 will appears in beta 3, in 1 week. I currently finalize
> implementation.

Thanks, Gilles. I am actually very interested in versioning, so I will
only test that feature on disposable photos. I will wait 1 week for
the beta 3. I hope that someone saves me some trouble and packages a
Kubuntu .deb! Digikam is _hard_ to compile!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com