[Digikam-users] Adjustment of Histogram

davidvj davidvincentjones at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:32:22 GMT 2011

Working extensively in Black and White I find a real need to tweak the
histogram to obtain ideal separation between similar  luminescence areas. To
do this I make substantial use of the 'Curve Adjust' Histogram. The tool in
DK has several very fine options but is very difficult to apply since, a few
versions ago, we lost correlation between image brightness values and the
relative position on the curve.

The enclosed clip shows how it works on an other product. A very simple line
is drawn that replicates the value under the cursor (as the cursor moves,
the line on the histogram also moves). Not very sophisticated but of immense
value.

http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/n3305759/hist1.jpg

Without some form of correlation adjusting the curve is very 'hit and miss'
and much of this feature's value is lost. I really hope that 2.0 will see
this back in place. For me, the curve is the ultimate tool for tonal
correction.

Thanks

David