[Digikam-users] batch operations ?

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:15:56 GMT 2011

As I improve my understanding of the way digikam works, there is some
operation that I would want to batch, from cli if possible.
For now, my main concern is 'Album > writing metadata' which takes
about a hour to complete on my poor netbook with about 500 pictures
and 1/3 with extra metadata.

Is there any way to
- either batch writing for multiple albums
- either make it for the whole database
so it could be launched during night ?

As an extra question, any way to launch some digikam command from cli
? (upload to facebook/picasa/..., scan folder/generate thumbnails,
...)
Like metadata writing, I would prefer have them during nights and have
a responsive interface during day.
It seems possible for photo operations
(http://hitchedhiker.com/2010/01/17/batch-actions-digikam/) but not
export/database operations.