[Digikam-users] tag distributor (multiple files with missing tags, moving files to another directory etc)

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:23:25 GMT 2011

Heyya,

[Moderator's lazy to let my other message through so I had to
subscribe to be helpful. :-P]

So now I'll be brief, my longer email waits in queue (I guess forever).

There's a program at

http://foobar.grin.hu/digikam/digikam_tag_distributor.pl

which takes the known and existing tags in the database (which
includes files digikam lost because you moved the file or else) and
assigns them to every picture with the same hash id.

* So if you moved a picture and lost the tags, it could help.

* So if you have the same image more than once in the database and you
want to have them all the same tags, it could help.

No warranties expressed, implied, hidden or dreamed; apart from that
it creates a backup of you db. :-) Works for me. Enjoy.

All replies should cc me, I do not read the list. :-)

grin

ps: if you have two dissimilar images with the same hash then they
will get each others tags. But then again, if his happens the hash
isn't working well. :-) Must Never Happen(Tm).