[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam not writing metadata (caption/tag/rating)

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 07:54:24 GMT 2011

2011/2/5, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> Please, can you take a look into you ~/.kde4/share/config/digikamrc
> file if you have these lines :
>
> [Metadata Settings]
[...]

my file is .kde/share/config/digikamrc
[Metadata Settings]
Save Date Time=false
Save EXIF Comments=false
Save Rating=false
Save Tags=false
Save Template=false
Update File Timestamp=false
Write RAW Files=false

It's stange because I ask digikam to save metadata to file
In the interface, I have ... argh ... not checked. I check
tags/captions/ratings/template and ask to write metadata to all files.

I retry the whole test run and on each step, it appears to ask writing
metadata to file and at the end, exiftool find the data.

I'm a lot sorry for the whole fuss :(

What I don't understand is
* when checking each previous settings, it writes metadata on every change
* when manually asking Album > write metadata to all files, it seems
it did nothing. I would have thought about a way to make all changes
at a single time. not this ?

As I have a slow disk (but it's a netbook), is there a way to make the
whole metadata writing at one time ? when closing digikam ?

Last, for previously tagged/rated image, it seems 'Album > write'
makes nothing and I need to ask 'Images > write' ... it seems starting
some long metadata writing. don't know why. I will see when finished.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers,

Julien