[Digikam-users] Digikam uses approx 90% of my CPU.

C. Brouerius van Nidek cbroueriusvannidek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 09:16:13 GMT 2011

Having had some problems with my Photo collection I asked around about a
good photo program to sort out the disorganized bunch.
Digikam was the choice. Have now installed the version 2.4.1 and am
planning to start using it.

After start-up of DigiKam there is some "scanning collection" done. The
progress bar never exceeds the 6%. Sometimes 0, 1 or 2%. Working through
the handbook but have not come up with the progress bar.
Thumbnails are shown as empty squares. Normal size pictures are possible.

Biggest problem though is the CPU use. The complete info is:

Process status: sleeping. Process waiting for something to happen.
User CPU usage 89%
System CPU usage 0%
Number of treads 7

When I quit Digikam, the program is still there waiting although the
desktop is empty. I have to kill digikan in order to get my CPU usage
back to normal.
What could cause this behavior.

--
Linux User 183145 using LXDE and KDE4 on a Pentium IV ,