[Digikam-users] Thumbnails for videos

Vincent Barberet vincent.barberet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 14:18:58 GMT 2011

Dear users,

When I download videos (same behaviour with extension .mov or .mts), there
is no thumbnails generated anymore.
I just have in my albums the generic icon depicting a movie.

It was working fine before latest updates, but I cannot tell you when the
thumbnails generation of videos stopped working.
I've checked that .MTS are well in the digikam configuration as extra
extensions for videos. The fact that it does not work anymore for .MOV too
(that is part of the extensions automatically recognised) let me think that
it is not just linked with the digikam configuration.

The same folder has correct thumbnails generation in konqueror and in
dolphin.

>From command line, here is the kind of message I got:
digikam(15986)/digikam (core) Digikam::ThumbnailCreator::createThumbnail:
Cannot create thumbnail for
"/media/video/VIDEO_VINCENT/Noel_2011/MVI_2449.MOV"
digikam(15986)/digikam (core) Digikam::ThumbnailCreator::load: Thumbnail is
null for  "/media/video/VIDEO_VINCENT/Noel_2011/MVI_2449.MOV"

I'm using Digikam Version 2.4.1, with KDE 4.7.3

What can I do to have this feature back ?

regards

Vincent