[Digikam-users] Digikam uses approx 90% of my CPU.

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Tue Dec 27 11:23:08 GMT 2011

Le 27/12/2011 11:37, C. Brouerius van Nidek a écrit :

> What could cause this behavior.

the main thing to understand for digikam use is that the photo folders
are simply system folders, browsable with any explorer.

Digikam do not scan the entire drive in search of images like other
applications do.

that said, since 2.? digikam have special features (version control,
xml sidecar) that makes me feel that using both explorer (dolphin in
my case) and digikam is more difficult. For example, digikam shows
only the images, when dolphin shows xml sidecar and all the image
versions.

I don't know yet how to manage this

jdd

--