[Digikam-users] Setting up MySQL Digikam database

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat Dec 17 19:07:42 GMT 2011

Been trying to setup Digikam (Version 2.3.0
Using KDE Development Platform 4.7.4 (4.7.4) "release 11") for a week
now.  I want to use the MySQl server I have on local host. Everthing
appears to be setup correctly.

Database type is MySQL
from digikamrc:
Code
--------------
[Database Settings]
Database Connectoptions=digikambdb
Database Hostname=localhost
Database Name=/home/finemanruss/Documents/Pictures/digikam4.db
Database
NameThumbnails=/home/finemanruss/Documents/Pictures/thumbnails-
digikam.db
Database Password=xxxxxxxxxxxxx(actual password here)
Database Port=3306
Database Type=QMYSQL
Database Username=digikamuser (my user ID is member of digikamuser
group)
Internal Database Server=false
/Code
-------------
Check dbconnection : Database connection test successful. (as
digikamuser)

On mysql server I created two databases: digikamdb and digikamthumbdb.
Also created a digikamuser group which my user name is in.

I can log into the databasefrom a command line as digikamuser, my Id and
root with no problem.

Think my problem is the Database name and NameThumbnails lines above.
Also what permissions does digikamuser need on the database and does it
setup the tables?

Can not find a section in manual on setting up the database. I do have a
Kmymoney and 2 Lions Clubs databases on local host and they work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Link to a how to document would
help.

Thanks in advance

--
Russ
openSUSE 12.1(Linux 3.1.0-1.2-desktop x86_64)|KDE Platform