[Digikam-users] Same again: impossible to run Digikam 2.x

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:38:40 GMT 2011

I just moved all the videos outside of Digikam filetree and run another
test after having restored a former uncorrupted DB.
Here it is:

1st launch from the console:

[marie-noelle at toshiba4 Digikam]$ digikam
libdc1394 error: Failed to initialize libdc1394
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still
in use, all queries will cease to work.
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
QPainter::translate: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active
QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active

etc.

In Digikam, hit F5 to refresh the DB, and wait till the most recent
pictures appear in the Albums and Calendar.
Quit Digikam.
Check the DB isn't used any longer with command
lsof | grep -Ri digikam

Relaunch Digikam from the console
Got the usual error message "Impossible d'effectuer la mise à jour du
schéma ..."
And in the console:

[marie-noelle at toshiba4 Digikam]$ digikam
libdc1394 error: Failed to initialize libdc1394
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still
in use, all queries will cease to work.
digikam(3946)/digikam (core): Schema update to V6 failed!

After click 'OK' in the error window, Digikam main window open (and the
lighttable too), albums are empty, calendar and tags seem to be there, but
thumbnails are completely blank.
>From the console, this message appear many, many times (I cannot go
backward enough to see anything else):
digikam(3946)/digikam (core) Digikam::ThumbnailCreator::load: Thumbnail is
null for  ""

As the videos are now out the way, I guess the problem is elsewhere ...
there seem to be an issue with the thumbnails (re)creation, don't you think?

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>