[Digikam-users] Same again: impossible to run Digikam 2.x

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:12:42 GMT 2011

2011/12/15 Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de>

> OK,
>
> There is no part of digikam staying alive. I had such problems in the
> past but this never killed my DB file.
>
> Have you checked the digikam packages (rpm -V)? Are these files OK?

Yes, they are OK (no message in answer to the command)

> Do
> you have se-linux enabled? If so, can you try to disable and check if
> all the problems persist?

I don't use SELinux, it is disabled on both computers.

> Does this crash show the KrashManager? Is it a SIGSEGV or any other SIG
> involved?

I didn't see anything like that.

> Just in case: Do you get the same libdc1394 error message if you start
> digikam the "first" time?

Yes, I see the message every time I launch Digikam in console mode, on
either computer.

> Are these MP4 files really photos? I know this extension for movies
> only. With movies I had some problems with digikam in the past (at least
> two years ago but never tried it again).

These are old videos that where here before I began to use Digikam. I'll
put them outside of the albums tree and make another test.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>