[Digikam-users] Same again: impossible to run Digikam 2.x

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 12:59:36 GMT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011, 13:47:39 schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> 2011/12/14 Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister at gmx.net>
> > Install/update libdc1394.
>
> It's already installed in the last version.

It must  contain the following patch:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=308157&aid=3361405&group_id=8157

> First time I launched Digikam I got this message:
> "Le fichier de configuration /home/test/.kde/share/config/kdedrc n'est pas
> inscriptible. Veuillez contacter votre administrateur système".
> Permission for this file is -rw-------
> Is that right? I'm pretty sure I did see this message when using my own
> user some time.

I'm no fedora user so I do not know what security they set-up. Usually the
user test should be able to write to that file.

> No message or error when I relaunched DK on 2nd and 3rd time.

So it works?

If it works you can try the following. With your original user.

Quit digikam and move all digikam related files from ~/.kde/share/config to
some other place. This means that digikam starts with a new config, so you
will have to point it to your pictures and database file.

Try to start digikam. If it works, the issue is in the files you moved. If
not, you have to do the same with digikam files in ~/.kde/share/apps and the
database.

I'm not sure there are more files related to digikam that could cause the
issue in case it still does not start with your original user but with the
test user.

If you have isolated the file that caused the crash you can start to
investigate which part of it did, e.g. by comparing it to the new file
generated by digikam and replacing each section after closing digikam and
restarting digikam, until you hit the one that makes digikam crash.

Sven