[Digikam-users] Can not get Digikam to work in linux withing a virtualbox

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:38:01 GMT 2011

TKR wrote

> Thanks for the reply. I do have Digikam working well under Windows7, but I
> intend to move to linux some day so testing in a virtualbox situation is
> part of that process for me.
>
> TKR

I have digiKam working properly in virtual mc PCLinuxOS along with 2 real
installations in mint9 and Pardus 2011.2.
All have same collection and database. Pl. keep identical settings
everywhere to avoid confusion.

TKR wrote

> However, given that Digikam does not allow for removal of an album withour
> removing the images also is a deal killer of the virtualbox issue is now
> mute.
>
> TKR

On the other hand,I am much at ease only because digiKam exactly replicates
the file structure, thereby avoiding any confusion.I think, it depends upon
one's habit and how one looks at the things.
I think  a relieving feature for some is becoming a disadvantage for others!
There is much freedom in digiKam by 'tagging' photos to achieve the
functionality of 'collections' what ,I think, you are locking for.

Regards.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893