[Digikam-users] Uninstalling digikam

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:09:20 GMT 2011

If you are using the official digikam 2.1.1 with ubuntu 11.10 then you
don't need to uninstall them but just update them with the use of my
PPA. Using you package managers purge feature will not clean your
personal users settings and configuration files for Digikam on your
system. Purge only clean system wide configurations and other stuff.

If you really want to clean or delete them too then I guess you have
to do that manually. Those files would be
~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc and  ~/.kde/share/config/showfotorc
finally also the digikam4.db file which is located where ever you have
chosen in your settings. I think default would be something like
~/Pictures/digikam4.db

Happy digikaming!

/Philip