[Digikam-users] Can not get Digikam to work in linux withing a virtualbox

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 10:05:41 GMT 2011

On 11/12/11 21:20, TKR wrote:
> Is there a way to get Digikam to work in a linux distro installed in a
> virtualbox. It has failed for me in Linux Mint 12, 64 bit, Linux Mint 12 32
> bit, Linux Debian 64 bit and OpenSuse 12.1 KDE 64 bit. Can Digikam work
> within a virtual box, and can it see a shared folder with ntfs file system?
>
> TKR

I have not tried it, but I see no reason why it would not work. Digikam
is just a view onto the file system, so if you can get the file system
to do what you want then digikam should just work. What is the host OS
and what problems do you have? Have you tried the Windows installer
version of digikam to run it native?

Andrew