[Digikam-users] GPS

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Sun Dec 11 21:30:05 GMT 2011

Hi Marc,

On 12/11/2011 03:33 PM, Marc wrote:
> hi
>
> my computer time is gmt+1 but my camera was set to gmt+2
>
> does i need to put gmt+1 or gmt-1 in manual gps setting in digikam?

The computer timezone should not matter at all, because:

- the timezone for the GPX data is taken from that data, and is usually GMT
- the timezone for the camera can be set using "Camera time zone"

The easiest way to check is usually if you have images at the beginning
or the end of the trip, they should not get correlated if you have the
wrong setting.

If the GPX file somehow has the wrong timezone information, you have to
play around with the camera adjustment buttons until it works...

If you still experience problems, let us know!

Best regards,

Michael