[Digikam-users] digikam flickr uploader issues on OSX (and where is frob stored)

No Spam nospam420 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 06:15:30 GMT 2011

[Sorry if this is has already been covered.  I browsed a little through the archives, but mailman doesn't really provide adequate search functions.]

About a year ago I switched from Ubuntu to OSX as my primary OS.  Since then I've been using the MacPorts version of digikam.

I've never been able to get the flickr integration working from OSX.  I
get the "Please follow the instructions in the browser window, then
return to press Yes if you are authenticated, or No otherwise." dialog,
but nothing happens in the browser.  I even tried closing firefox and
starting konquerer instead, but no luck.  If I just answer "yes", I get:

Error Occurred: Invalid Frob
Cannot proceed any further.

This works fine from Ubuntu.  So my flow currently is to do all of my
editing in OSX, but start digikam in Ubuntu with VMware for uploading.
Which is kind of a pain.

This has happened across multiple versions of digikam on OSX, most
recently with my upgrade to digikam 2.1.1 (using KDE 4.7.3).  I'm pretty
 sure I've never had this working in OSX.  Although it might have
improved over my original try, I can't remember if the first version I
tried crashed digikam.

Anyone else experience this?  Anyone having this working on OSX?

Flickr shows that kipi-plugins FlickrUploadr write permission.

A workaround I considered was finding out how digikam stores the
authentication token, and copying that from Ubuntu to OSX.  Does anyone
know how this is stored?

I'm not even sure where to report this as a bug, if it's a digikam bug, a KDE bug, a bug with the plugin, or a MacPorts bug.

[Note that I also asked this in a discussion group on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/digikam-users/discuss/72157628315149957/ ]

Thanks for any help that anyone might be able to provide.

- Rich