[Digikam-users] Batch delete duplicates?

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 22:52:35 BST 2011

sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl> writes:
> If digikam is able to show all the duplicates in the browser (I do not
> know) you could select them all, move them all to a tempory directory,
> if they have the same name it will ask if overwrite is ok select yes
> and apply to all.
This is the solution I went for in the end; from a terminal I move all
my uppercased files into a new directory, downcased them and moved them
back in the right dir (with digikam open, so not to confuse it).

Some research leads me to belive that a oneliner using find and rename
should be able to do it, but there seems to be several versions of the
rename utility, and the one on Fedora appears different than the Debian
which was referenced, so I couldn't use it.

,----
| find . -regex .*IM.*\.JPG -exec rename {} 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
`----

In theory this would be nice if one has to do it often and avoid any
manual moving around files or looping, but alas, this is a quite
infrequent procedure so I am happy to move files for now. :)
(if anyone on Debian knows if my guess of different 'rename' tools is
correct and can make it work, that would be interesting knowledge
though!)

Thanks!
--
Johnny