[Digikam-users] Digikam with Linux

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sun Aug 28 09:24:31 BST 2011

Op 28-08-11 10:08, Mark Fraser schreef:

> On Saturday 27 Aug 2011 21:23:00 sleepless wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
>

> > What do you mean exactly?
>

> > Everytime when digikam releases an updated version, in less then no time
>
> > Philip Johnsson has it is his PPA.
>
> > The newly released doc descibes it and guides you to there.
>
> Unfortunately there are no builds for 11.10 yet and it doesn't look
> likely at the moment that the official repos will have anything newer
> than 1.9.
>
> > No one has to strewn with 'makes' and 'configures', but for some
> reason it
>
> > is exitement for some people, as others prefer to bungy jump.
>
> Now that I have successfully built digiKam, would someone like to give
> me some help in uploading it to my own PPA space?

I would appeciate that. Making digikam available for as many people as
possible in the most easy way possible. But I think it is a realy
complex matter, far more complex than uploading a deb file of your own
build I suppose. I am very eager to learn more on the subject, not to
start my own ppa but just curious!
Hope you will have lot of usefull respons.

Regards,
Rinus