[Digikam-users] lost a lot of information about photo rating!!!

Samuel Ronayette sronayette at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:51:14 BST 2011

Hello

I wanted to save the informations about my photos in digikam, especially the
rating I give to my favorite photos (1 to 5 stars), because I had bad
experience before (lost partly theses ratings)
I went to Tool --> migrate database (sorry if its approximate translation - I
use digikam in french). Th computer did many things for some time. Then I had
to rebuild all the thumbnails.. then I lopst completely the rating I give to
every single photo in each of my albums..... !!!!! This is absolutely not what
I wanted to do!!! I can I retrieve everything?
And is giving a rating to my favorite photos the good way to manage and sort
them? or is there another way to do?
other related question:
How can I save properly this kind of information? (information about which
photos are my favorite photos, the rating I give to each)
And can this information be shared with other program, like gwenview?

Thanks for your help.

Samuel