[Digikam-users] Not completely but a bit off topic question: looking for texteditor with macro capabillity

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sat Aug 27 10:54:21 BST 2011

Hi all,

There is so much knowledge around here that I give it a try, i hope the
moderater will let me.

I have been using for about 25 years PE.exe. This is a programmers
texteditor from word perfect.

for example you could do in dos ¨dir > dir.lst

open the document pe dir.lst
it shows for example

a list of
d:\foto\digikam\photo.jpg
then very easy make a macro to put in front ¨move ¨ ¨
then search for ¨\¨ then block and search twice again for ¨\¨
than copy the ¨\foto\digikam\¨ part
put at the end of the row ¨¨ O:\and paste
and add copiedphoto.jpg
now you have something like
move ¨d:\foto\digikam\photo.jpg¨ ¨O:\foto\digikam\photo.jpg¨
and you can apply it to all rows.

make it a batch file and execute.
wow!

And as you all know by now, I am after saying goodby to windows, this is
the next problem to tackle.

Yes, it is a horrible example, but how do linux people do things like that?

You can do things to an amazing  extend of complexity. I used this very
much to get things done that no program in the world ever could.

Thanks in advance for tips.

Rinus