[Digikam-users] Compiling digiKam

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:00:17 BST 2011

I'm trying to build digiKam 2 from git on Kubuntu 11.10, but I'm having
trouble. It gets to 92% and then this error:

[ 92%] Building CXX object
core/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikam.dir/digikamadaptor.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable digikam
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libgphoto2.so: undefined reference to symbol
'gp_port_free'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'gp_port_free' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib/libgphoto2_port.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libgphoto2_port.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [core/digikam/digikam] Error 1
make[1]: *** [core/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikam.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

BTW, I've installed libcv-dev, libboost-dev, libcvaux-dev, libhighgui-dev
along with digikam and kipi-plugins build dependencies.