[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.1.0, same DB problem as in 2.0

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 25 12:23:26 BST 2011

On Thursday 25 August 2011 13:04:48 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
> The uninstallation went OK.
>
> But I get a lot dependencies problems when trying to reinstall digikam
> and kipi-plugins from the repositories: if I understand well, the
> libraries are not the right version, so I guess I have to uninstall
> them one by one ... Is it possible with yum remove? Or is there any
> other/simpler procedure?

as far as I can tell, you'll need to uninstall by hand all libraries you
compiled and installed by hand.

Package managers usually can downgrade a library to a previous version (if
available in the repository), so for the libraries installed through Yum,
there's no need to remove them by hand (and it's safer, as the package manager
keeps track of dependencies)

Remco