[Digikam-users] Compiling from git

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Aug 24 16:38:05 BST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2011 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am 24.08.2011 14:40, schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> > 2011/8/24 Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I'm trying your procedure to retrieve the source, but I don't
> > know how
>
> > to do that:
> At first hand: none. download digikam (from
> ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/dig
> ikam-2.0.0-4.fc17.src.rpm for example) and install it (with yum
> localinstall).

Ah, I just tested it out: (was on a windows platform before): You have
to run

rpmbuild -bb ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/digikam.spec

after installation of the source RPM and you will get a list of
required packages. sorry, no automatic installation. These packages
you can install with yum install.

In the digikam package the requirements are defined as build
requirements, not as installation requirements.

Martin