[Digikam-users] FINAL? UPDATE: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B U I L D I N G D I G I K A M F O R D U M M I E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Ubuntu

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:52:21 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
> Le 24/08/2011 16:13, sleepless a écrit :
> I will try to do this on openSUSE 11.4. This URL is not a tarball but a
> folder.
>
> do you want to speak of 2.0?
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/digikam/files/digikam/2.0.0/digikam-2.0.0.tar.bz2
> ?
Yes. Using the latest tarball is more safe than using code from git
that can be temporarily broken, have new bugs or unfinished features
or some other problems with code in state of development. Do not use
git and always think it will be like a walk in the park with no
issues. You better know what you are doing in that case and know how
to clean things up afterwards if you do it and don't want it.

/Philip