[Digikam-users] Compiling from git

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Aug 24 10:43:24 BST 2011

Am 24.08.2011 11:23, schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I'm not sure which package you're refering to: gcc-c++? digikam?

All the libs and executables you need to compile digikam.

> I'm not sure I'm competent enough to 'play with' RPM like that ...

This is nothing you play with. Simply search for fedora digikam 2.0
source RPM (srpm), copy this to your local harddisk and run

yum localinstall /path/to/digikam*.srpm

all other packages you need to compile this source rpm are installed as
dependencies automatically. You can remove the digikam source rpm
afterwards but the dependencies are still there.

It is of much higher risk to install libs from source which may be
already installed but without development package (libs usually have a
-develop package too).

Martin