[Digikam-users] Fwd: Digikam dependency on akonadi

Vikram vikramr at telus.net
Wed Aug 24 07:01:58 BST 2011

Hi I am trying to remove Akonadi and Nepomuk from my Arch linux system.
I tried disabling Akonadi but it sometimes get enabled after a version
upgrade and is a resource hog.

I can't remove Akonadi since my arch package manager says that digikam
depends on kdepimlibs and that in turn depends on Akonadi. Does digikam
depend on either kdepimlibs or Akonadi or is this a Arch packaging issue ?

  I'd like to keep digikam which I love and use very often but would
like to remove Akonadi.

Thanks,
Vikram