[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.0 runs only once before corrupting the DB

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon Aug 22 22:19:27 BST 2011

Hi Marie-Noëlle,

To build from git, this should be the procedure, but this time I ran
into trouble not solved yet.
If I manage to figure out what went wrong I will update.

Rinus

If git is not already installed, install git:

open console

type:

sudo apt-get install git

if done:

type:

git clone http://anongit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation

If all went succesfull, you can now find the directorie:

/home/¨your_user_dir¨/digikam-software-compilation

go in console to ¨your_user_dir¨

type:

cd digikam-software-compilation

if you type:

ls

you will see in this dir a document called ¨download-repos¨ , this is a
runnable PERL script.

Type:

sudo perl download-repos

Now the git is cloned to your local dir:
/home/¨your_user_dir¨/digikam-software-compilation

wait while downloading

If cmake is not installed, now type:

sudo apt-get install cmake

if done type:

sudo cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` ..

No it may complain about missing stuff. Try to install it from synaptic
or in any other way and retry

cmake untill succesfull

now run:

make