[Digikam-users] Venting and asking for guidance

Ozzy ozzyprv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:55:53 BST 2011

I have been a digiKam user for over two years now and I am still not happy.
And please don't take this the wrong way, I am NOT blaming the programers
and the community. I am blaming ME.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but using dK is not a pleasant
experience. It is maybe the combination of small things and my need for
neatness and careful organizaton before actually doing some work.

I am a BIG supporter of Linux, and Open Source, so I want to keep trying.
This time, I want to see if I can start from scratch. Here is where I need
your help. To those of you with no performance problems using Ubuntu and
digiKam (if nothing else works I would try Kubuntu, but not for now):

What are your computer specs (including monitor)?

What distro are you using (version)?

Any tweak you needed when after installing Ubuntu and before installing
digiKam?

Many Thanks. Hope this works.

Oz