[Digikam-users] digikam not opening in Mint

Paul Verizzo paulv at paulv.net
Sat Aug 20 18:37:35 BST 2011

Thanks all for suggestions, but here are my responses:

1.  Mint IS Ubuntu which IS Debian which all use the Debian package
system.  Apparently some are not aware of the heritage and app loading
methods.

2.  I'm not going to chase distros to find one that works to open digiKam.

3.  I'm not going to do things in console for the same reason.

4.  I want to use a program, not live for it.

At this rate and frustration level, I might just reclaim the space for
NTFS and continue with Windows digiKam.

Thanks anyway, Paul