[Digikam-users] remove EXIF data from JPG in Digikam 2, KDE 4.7, OpenSuse

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Aug 19 09:59:08 BST 2011

Op 19-08-11 09:51, Michael Born schreef:
> Am 18.08.2011 10:25, schrieb sleepless:
>> Op 17-08-11 23:58, Rinus schreef:
>>> Add your images to a batch cue, there is a tool to remove metadata.
>>> Good luck
>>> Rinus
>> It looks like the kipi plugins update is here, in case you need them
>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.3/x86_64/kipi-plugins-devel-2.0.0-10.1.x86_64.rpm
>>
>> Rinus
> Hmmm, this is strange.
> I have the following kipi packages installed:
> rpm -qa |grep kipi
> libkipi8-4.7.0-5.1.x86_64
> libkipi7-4.5.5-1.1.x86_64
> kipi-plugins-2.0.0-10.1.x86_64
> kipi-plugins-acquireimage-2.0.0-10.1.x86_64
>
> So, there are kipi plugins v2.0.0 installed. Nevertheless, Digikam
> reports libkipi v1.2 is installed (menu->help->component info). Does
> this make sense?
As far as my understanding reaches are the plugins linked to the lib.
Maybe you need to update the libkipi
:http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.3/x86_64/libkipi8-4.7.0-5.1.x86_64.rpm

Probably you have to uninstall the old one first.
You can give it a try, but Iḿ just guessing, my knoledge is limited.
best luck,
Rinus