[Digikam-users] Geolocation: no coordinates shown in the Geo-location window even if they are set

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Sat Aug 13 20:13:33 BST 2011

Hi Anders,

On 08/12/2011 02:41 PM, Anders Stedtlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My setup:
> digiKam 2.0.0 (built by me)
> kipi-plugins 2.0.0 (built by me)
> openSUSE 11.4 x86_64
> KDE 4.7.0
>
> If I open up Geo-location window for an image and set coordinates,
> apply and close. Then I open Geo-location window for the same image
> and now there are no coordinates shown for that image and the map
> isn't updated.
>
> If I open the Golocation view to the right I can see that the
> coordinates are set for the image though.
>
> It's a little bit cumbersome to update the coordinates if I have to
> find the location every time...
>
> Anyone else seen this?

On my system, everything is working fine. Could you please create a
bugreport for this problem so that we can track information? That would
be great!

A few additional questions:

- which map system are you using - Marble or Google Maps?
- in your digikam settings, have you enabled writing metadata to files?
- which types of files are you having these problems with? Raw files or
jpeg? If raw, should metadata be written into the raw file or into a
sidecar file?
- in Geolocation, set the coordinates for an image, apply them and then
look at the image in digikam with the GPS properties tab. What does it show?

Thanks for reporting this issue, I hope we can resolve it...

Michael