[Digikam-users] Many images with multiple resolutions

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:49:00 BST 2011

So after a struggle to get digikam working (rotate was not working, no error
message - turned out it needed kipi-plugins before rotate works!), I am now
looking into using digikam, and maybe someone here has dealt with a similar
situation as outlined below:

I have a lot of photos, say they are all around 5000 px x 5000 px or
thereabouts.
I would like to select a bunch, for uploading.
So I can use batch process, and resize multiple images to say 1000 px or
thereabouts. I need to look at the resized photo, maybe crop it (most of
time though, it is kept as it is).
Then I upload the lower res pictures.

Now I have two (sometimes more) copies with different resolutions of the
same image.

Is there some way in Digikam to manage these multiple copies, like have them
linked together, etc? There is a find duplicates function, but even if that
finds images of different resolutions, that is something that would have to
run each time.

Any nice way to handle images with multiple resolutions?