[Digikam-users] How to organise - Work, archive, backups

Peter Shute pshute at nuw.org.au
Tue Aug 9 08:45:41 BST 2011

I've found that storing by date doesn't work for everything.

For my bird photos, a date tends to be associated with a location or a trip, so a folder per day works well.

But for family photos, where there may be only a couple of random photos a day, if that, the rest of the family gets annoyed by them being in day folders. They don't understand or want to maintain tags, so the compromise is month folders for those.

Sent using BlackBerry