[Digikam-users] Digikam gets worse?

Mon Aug 8 18:54:26 BST 2011

On 08/07/2011 11:13 PM, Vincent Barberet wrote:
> dealing with memory usage, could you give the memory usage of digikam
> related processes with following details:
> - RES (resident memory)
> - VIRT (virtual memory)
VIRT: 1561m
RES:  512m

System monitor shows also ~500MB at the moment.

Problem was when 2,5 GB of my ram had been used and I started digikam
and worked with it the system started to write so swap... which lead to
an unusuable system in my case. That was the reason for me to get
another 2 GB RAM. Now its working...

> It could also be good to have further details on CPU usage: IOWait ? Sys ?
> User ?
I'm sorry, how can I gather these information in a nice way?

Frank