[Digikam-users] Geo-location coordinates and metadata tags mutual exclusive in xmp side car file?

Stedtlund falolaf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:59:43 BST 2011

Hi,

I have just started to use digiKam 2.0.0 and found a problem with xmp
side car files.

I have choosen to:
Save image tags as "Keywords" in metadata embedded in  files
Write to sidecar only

If I have added some tags to an image, the xmp-file has been created
and updated with the tags.
If I now open up Geo-location and add coordinates to the image and
click apply, the xmp-file has been updated to contain only the
coordinates.
If I now for the image choose to "Write Metadata to Iimage", then the
tags are put back but the coordinates has been removed.

Am I doing anything wrong? Have I missedany  configurations?

My setup:
openSUSE 11.4 x86_64
KDE 4.7.0
digiKam 2.0.0 (built by me)