[Digikam-users] Digikam gets worse?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Aug 6 11:48:06 BST 2011

I didn't notice similar behaviour on my computer.

It may be usefull to detail your computer specifications (OS, RAM, graphic
card (or chipset), graphic driver used ....).

It would be usefull to copy paste the Digikam component info, to detail
how do you install Digikam (did you built yourself, does it come from a
repository, official ? in Testing phase ? Personnal repository ?), and to
launch Digikam from a terminal and copy paste what happens when launching.

a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Digikam for quite some time now and it's the best solution out
> there!
>
> But instead of getting better and/or maybe faster, it's the opposite.
>
> Each start of Digikam takes 5 minutes (~100.000 pictures) with scanning
> for new pictures disabled. This time is increasing since the last
> versions.
>
> Scanning for pictures takes twice the time in 2.0 then it did in 1.9.
>
> Creating or deleting a tag takes around 2 minutes (mysql database).
>
> And the process xorg takes quite often 100% of my Dual Core (E8400) when
> working with digikam which slows it so much down that working has to
> pause for some time (~1 minute).
>
> It's using 1,5 GB of RAM at the moment, which is also quite much.
>
> I'm wondering if many other users do have the same problems or if there
> is something wrong with me :)
>
> Starting a bug report for all of the problems might help (I guess I will
> do it) but maybe it's a problem related to other problems so I just
> wanted to push this here.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> Frank

Nicolas Boulesteix