[Digikam-users] lock feature

Coz Maltezos pandarsson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:53:43 BST 2011

Hi. I'm new to this list and it's been a while since I've used a
mailing list. For one, I couldn't see a way to search the archives and
I'm sure this has been discussed, so I apologize beforehand for being
unable to find it on my own.

I'm a beginner with digiKam, having used it for the first time today.
I have two cameras that I normally use: one is an old, low end digital
camera (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S700) and the other is an Android phone
(Kyocera Zio). In both cases, I took out the media and put it in a
card reader to download the photos. Obviously, the one from the
Android phone has a lot of images aside from photos that I took, so I
was selective in downloading them.

My trouble is that I have no idea what the "lock" feature is in the
download screen and there's no mention of it that I can find in the
handbook. Searching Google for the answer was frustrating and I didn't
find anything in the FAQ or in an admittedly minimal perusal of the
website. If I were to hazard a guess, I would think it most likely
prevents digiKam from deleting the items or something like that, but I
don't want to assume without confirmation. I suspect it might be
useful in separating the current photos that I've already downloaded
or ignored from any new ones that I take, but I'm not sure if that's
the case or how to utilize it.

By the way, is there a way that I can specify that when this
particular device (or media) is loaded, it only looks for items in the
DCIM directory? That would make things a lot easier.

Thank you for your time.