[Digikam-users] Re: Running Digikam on a LiveCD

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 12:47:16 BST 2011

2011/4/23 Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for your answer, Gilles.
>
> And about the settings, are they saved in - or in the same place as - the
> DB? So, once the collection has been started, the user will find his
> previous settings each time he reboots?
>
> Marie-Noëlle

No. digiKam/Showfoto/kipi settings are saved in rc text file in the
home repository.

Look in you Linux at this place :

~/.kde4/share/config/digikamrc
~/.kde4/share/config/showfotorc
~/.kde4/share/config/kipirc

Also, there are some XML settings files stored in these directories :

~/.kde4/share/app/digikam
~/.kde4/share/app/showfoto
~/.kde4/share/app/kipi

Gilles Caulier