[Digikam-users] Re: Running Digikam on a LiveCD

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:34:16 BST 2011

2011/4/23 Marie-Noƫlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to set up a customized Fedora LiveCD including Digikam, that
> people will be able to use on PC or Mac computers (they won't have Linux
> installed).
> When running the first tests with Digikam 1.9.0, I realised that users will
> have to redo the initial Digikam configuration each time they want to work
> on the system.
> Is there a way to save these settings somewhere, and use them each time
> Digikam is launched?
> And the photos will be uploaded on a USB-key; is it possible to put the
> Digikam database on the same key?

As the collection will be mounted in local, not through the network, it's fine.

With a SQLite DB the restriction is to host DB file on a network file
system, as NFS, SMB, etc... where DB transactions and queries cannot
be done properly. It's a limitation of sqlite.

http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q5

On a local file system, there is no problem.