[Digikam-users] Re: Update problems

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:27:54 BST 2011

That's my bad in packaging. I made a workaround for the problem to use the
import camera feature in beta4 by preloding libusb.so. Otherwise beta4
crashes if you try to import from a device that use libgphoto as backend. I
pointed the preload to a file that is only in package
libusb-dev<http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/libusb-dev>.
I'll upload a fix for this but meanwhile you can install
libusb-dev<http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/libusb-dev>to make it
work again. You can also start digikam from command line.

If anyone wonders the preloading happens in
/usr/share/applications/kde4/digikam.desktop that I tweaked in beta4 as a
workaround. I think there is a real fix for the bug I made the workaround
for will be available in beta5.

Sorry for the mishap.

/Philip