[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 18:53:11 BST 2011

New updated packages of Digikam 2.0 beta4 is now available on my
kubuntu-backports PPA for Maverick. The packages are rebuilds to use OpenCV
2.2 instead of OpenCV 2.1. OpenCV is the backend for face detection and
recognition. I'm not sure of any improvements with the update more than
hopefully newer is better...  The updated version of OpenCV supports OpenEXR
images how or if it matters in Digikam when it comes to this feature I'm not
sure of.

Make sure that you get the libcvaux2.2-data package installed too (you
should get it installed automatically) as it's now the package that contain
haarcascades that are used to make face detection and recognition. Without
it nothing will happen if you try to run the face detection features in
Digikam.

Happy digikaming!

/Philip