[Digikam-users] Re: Risks using digikam 1.2.0?

Peter A. Gustafson peter.gustafson at wmich.edu
Tue Apr 12 16:20:24 BST 2011

One risk is raw conversion to dng.  The original raws, if embedded,
cannot then be extracted or detached.  Thus, you'll lose your original
raw file and carry a larger dng.  The workaround is to convert to dng
without embedding and keep the original raw (if you want it).
Obviously, this shouldn't prevent your use of 1.2.