[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:37:30 BST 2011

I have now uploaded Digikam 2.0 beta4 packages for *ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) on
my "extra" PPA on Launchpad. With Natty you won't need all the special
backport PPAs as Natty have what is needed to build Digikam 2.0 but so far
you only need my "extra" PPA.

As before the Digikam 2.0 beta4 packages are named digikam2, kipi-plugins2
and showfoto2 and will conflict with the stable Digikam 1.9. To make face
detection and recognition to work make sure that you update the opencv
packages in the "extra" PPA too as they are fixed so they support face
detection features as they should (if anyone wonders why they need to be
updated too).

Happy digikaming on Natty!

/Philip