[Digikam-users] Fwd: Total crash when updating new DIGIKAM v 1.4

Dr. A. Krebs Info at Axel-Krebs.de
Tue Sep 28 06:42:55 BST 2010

Hello:

would someone answer my questions v.21.09.10?

Please!?!?!?

Axel
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
From: - Tue Sep 21 22:37:13 2010
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:37:12 +0200
From: Axel Krebs <Axel.Krebs at t-online.de>
To: digikam-users at kde.org
Subject: Total crash when updating new DIGIKAM v 1.4

Hallo,

Maybe someone can help. I strongly hope for!!

- I use DIGIKAM 1.2 under UBUNTU 10.04 LTS.
- My system uses gnome and works totally fine and stable.
[ I kicked off openSUSE 11.2 because of stability reason under childrens
surface KDE (sorry, I need to work) ]

- Several issues caused me to try updating on newest DIGIKAM version 1.4
following <http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/528> .

- Sometimes, I made requests or bug report on outdated version 1.2. What
makes no sense ;-)

[ I kicked off openSUSE 11.2 because of stability reasons under
childrens surface KDE (sorry, I need to work, don't play) ]

- So far: when updating, my PC does not boot anymore!!! I must
re-install the complete system.

QUESTION:
- Does anyone experience similar problems?

- Why does (potentially) KDE makes problems?
  (Any other prog on my machine just- works!)

- What can I do to keep my stable system stable and still update to
DIGIKAM 1.4 ??

Hope for your help!

Axel